DCS Export and Prinergy Issue

KWilliams

We have a supplied file that appears to be an 8-bit DCS file exported out of a Rampage RIP. This file is failing to RIP at our Prinergy Direct RIP. Has anyone had issues with Rampage DCS exports? I have never worked with a Rampage RIP - do you have full control of preference options when exporting DCS files (resolutin, compression, compositie, etc.)?

Re: DCS Export and Prinergy Issue

I believe you do...when I get in tomorrow I will post up a screen shot of the DCS export options you have out of Rampage.

I did some digging around last week on our rampage box and didn't see a DCS export option. I think it might be an additional plugin that we don't have..
Sorry I couldn't get you some screen shots.

The only thing I can think it may be is exported as a Proof Postscript, that would be negative seps.

Why would you get this file?

If this is the case, there's the option for composite. Asfor the options, yep.

Edited by: Frank on Oct 2, 2007 1:15 AM

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back