Different versions of RSM

Franknater

We're just asking for trouble. 5 different stations, 4 different Rampage System Manager. #1 RSM 10.1b19 #2 RSM 10.2b19 #3 RSM 10.1b15 #4 and #5 RSM 10.2b50. While the profiles are or should be the same, I got 3 different types of Epson prints from the same file. I used #1, 2 and 3.

Some of them will not always output the PMS to the Epson. Is this normal for a shop to run different versions? This is my first Rampage, no pun intended. Does each Mac station need an upgrade or how does it work?

Frank

Edited by: Frank on Nov 14, 2007 3:11 AM

Re: Different versions of RSM

Frank,

Presumably you're referring to the various CLIENT versions on each of your Macs.

Upgrading the client is simple. You simply drag the client package into the Applications folder on each Mac, there is no actual installer as such.

You can either copy the most up-to-date version you have from one of your Macs to another or get the latest version from Rampage/Fuji. It's usually a free download.

I'm not able to help you on the other issue as we don't proof directly from Rampage. You could join up to the Yahoo-hosted 'Unofficial Rampage User Group', which is a great source of knowledge an information. You're bound to get answers from the assembled masses on there:

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/rampage_workflow/

there is no reason your shouldn't be on the same version of the client. As Colin said, upgrading is easy.

How are you proofing to the epson? are you using the icc option with Ramproof Direct?

Yep, the client versions. They're all different. Trying to get an answer around here without seeing shrugged shoulders, well, it's like every individual lives in their own world.

Everyone complains how long we take on jobs and no one wants to do anything about upgrading. Complain about too much OT, etc. Well, when I get my numbers together, ROI on the upgrades will be 6 months.

Thanks for everyone's help. :)
Frank

No longer working in a Rampage workflow but from what I remember this issue was resolved in version 10.3 and and up. The system does not work unless everyone is running the current client.

the clients are free, doesn't cost anything to keep those upgraded within your current version of Rampage..no reason they all shouldn't be the same...

The clients must be the same otherwise you my see results (unpredictable) as you have explained. Simply get the correct version that Rampage recommends based on your Rampage boxes and install the proper client on all the Macs.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back