True Flow Out Put Resolution

Nutech Shroff

We have Trueflow 6 and we are unable to change the output resolution to 2400. We get an error saying the output resolution can be 72 to 1200 dpi.

Can anyone Help!!!

Hi,
When you created the output device, did you registered all SPMs to the selected device?
Next->what is your output device-PT-R, FT-R, TiffOutput... Did you installed all the SPMs?
Luck!

Sorry I dont think I explained the problem correctly.

We need to set the output resolution to 2400 DPI in the Polished input module but the Trueflow will not allow it to be more than 1200 dpi. I have attached a screen shot - hope that explains.

Attachments

• trueflow.jpg
    trueflow.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 481
Sorry I dont think I explained the problem correctly.

We need to set the output resolution to 2400 DPI in the Polished input module but the Trueflow will not allow it to be more than 1200 dpi. I have attached a screen shot - hope that explains.

The Trueflow Manual says:
"Output Resolution Allows you to enter the final output recorder resolution, from 72 dpi to 4,000 dpi
using a number up to 2 decimal places. If you selected a SPM in recorder output,
enter that output resolution. "

Guess that means that something starnge has been set up in the installation to change this. But in any case this is not the output resolution from Trueflow but from the software that made the PDF File and is used to give a weight to things like Hairline where the Hairline was created in software specifying the weight to be n x output resolution, as far as I know.

Hello,

We formatted the computer - reinstalled the software on the computer and the problem got sorted out - not sure what the problem was but it got taken care. The new problem is that we have lost all the calibration curves - can someone explain briefly the procedure of making the curve how they have to be applied.

Hello,

We formatted the computer - reinstalled the software on the computer and the problem got sorted out - not sure what the problem was but it got taken care. The new problem is that we have lost all the calibration curves - can someone explain briefly the procedure of making the curve how they have to be applied.

You need to use the SGD tool. There is a step wedge on your trueflow, in the Trueflow folder. It is called NTF Step.
Run the step Linear. Measure the values you get. Go to the SGD tool, open the SGD file for the screen pattern you have just output, enter the values, copy them to the other colours, save them.

If you want to use the same calibration on simmilar screen values e.g. you ran a 200lpi screen and you think it will be close enough for the 175 click on the Save as button and navigate to the extra screen rulings you want to give the same value to, select those additional screen patterns and then save.

Then run your work changing the Linear setting to Adjusted.

The SGD Tool is in the Output Device Utilities on the Trueflow area of the Start Menu.

The manual for Maintenance sets this out, with screen shots.

Hello David, I read your post about NTF Setup. Where you say run the step linear. What do you mean? Linearise the plates? Or run the scale for each color on the press and then input the values.?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back