applying profiles inside TrueFlow

We are on TF 3.12.
Our shop has decided to go with Process-less Plates.
We are getting everything 10% or so darker than from the processed plates.
Can anyone tell me where I can use profiles inside TrueFlow. Where to install them, ANYTHING????
Kodak will be getting us a profile. Later this year we will upgrade our TF,
but until then we are without a service contract with TF.

Thanks

April

Re: applying profiles inside TrueFlow

April,

You can make use of profiles in TrueFlow, but this sounds like a calibration issue. Did your supplier help you set up your platesetter for these plates?

If the plates are all that you've changed, then I really don't believe that implementing ICC profiles is the appropriate action to take. You can VERY EASILY set up a calibration curve to lighten the plates by 10%.

rich

Thanks. We will look into it.
I think we will contact them and have them get us set up.

April

Maybe you can make Dot gain curve on DotGain Tool and load to RipforRecorder (see Windows start>Trueflow 3>output device utilities) .

aprilMarie

Whose process-less plates are you trying? Fuji?
and what press(s) are you going to use them on?
We started out on Fuji, but had to switch after unresolved problems on a 28" komori.
Now using Agfa's which need 'processing' but give us much better performance
on press and the Shadows stay open

Last edited:
On the ICC note, what is the procedure for installing a custom DLP into trueflow?
I can't seem to figure it out.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back