gsherrold

Hello friends,

I'm facing the following message initializing my PT-R 8600 (old model) machine:
Writing error on EEPROM

Does anybody know what might be wrong?
Thanks

Dear Sir:

Hi hope you are well

I must remember the Memories: E2PROM, or PROM OR UVPROM etc that are NON VOLATILE device, Not always fails for itself.
They receive the Information from CPU(central processor Unit) or Microprocessor(they have internal two Memories 1) User +2) Storage).
The CPU, execute enesimal repetition Self test, any Milesimal seconds.

At the same time; You must test the Power supply to the CPU and Clock, since if some of them are Faulty all will be Interrupt.
However i must Recomend you the following:

1) Perform a visual inspection : look for loose and broken wires, improperly seated connectors, loose or broken wires
misset switch, missing jumpers. and so on.
Chech for obviously damaged component(components burned or discolore due to overheating);

2) Reseating Boards and components:
Edge connectors are a common souorce of problems. Power down the system and remove the PC boards. Examine the edge connector
for contamination and clean with contacts cleaner contacts. Reseat any loose components 9suc as scoketed ICs) . Reseat the
boards and power up.

3) Power supply checks:
Check the power supply for missing voltages and voltages out of spec. A digital multimieter DMM can be necessary, as
voltage specifications are quite tight: logic supplies for example: must be within + 0.5 percent of 5Vdc. All the
multiple supplies and all must be checked.

4) Board swapping:
Board swapping involves the substitutiono of a known godd board for a suspect one.

5) Clock for CPU:
Check the frecuency with frequency counter or a DMM included frecuency counter( like Fluke DMM)

6)Reset CPU:
reset cpu see the attached schematic.

Let me know
Blessing
[email protected]
Cell+WhatsApp:+50588611441

Attachments

• photo7795.png
    photo7795.png
    22.7 KB · Views: 345
  • photo7796.png
    photo7796.png
    49.1 KB · Views: 330
Dear Sir:

Hi hope you are well

I must remember the Memories: E2PROM, or PROM OR UVPROM etc that are NON VOLATILE device, Not always fails for itself.
They receive the Information from CPU(central processor Unit) or Microprocessor(they have internal two Memories 1) User +2) Storage).
The CPU, execute enesimal repetition Self test, any Milesimal seconds.

At the same time; You must test the Power supply to the CPU and Clock, since if some of them are Faulty all will be Interrupt.
However i must Recomend you the following:

1) Perform a visual inspection : look for loose and broken wires, improperly seated connectors, loose or broken wires
misset switch, missing jumpers. and so on.
Chech for obviously damaged component(components burned or discolore due to overheating);

2) Reseating Boards and components:
Edge connectors are a common souorce of problems. Power down the system and remove the PC boards. Examine the edge connector
for contamination and clean with contacts cleaner contacts. Reseat any loose components 9suc as scoketed ICs) . Reseat the
boards and power up.

3) Power supply checks:
Check the power supply for missing voltages and voltages out of spec. A digital multimieter DMM can be necessary, as
voltage specifications are quite tight: logic supplies for example: must be within + 0.5 percent of 5Vdc. All the
multiple supplies and all must be checked.

4) Board swapping:
Board swapping involves the substitutiono of a known godd board for a suspect one.

5) Clock for CPU:
Check the frecuency with frequency counter or a DMM included frecuency counter( like Fluke DMM)

6)Reset CPU:
reset cpu see the attached schematic.

Let me know
Blessing
[email protected]
Cell+WhatsApp:+50588611441

Thanks, I will try all of these.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back