TrueFlow trapping

twitch5253

I find the terminology for setting trap specs confusing. Is there a source that can explain what each setting actually does?

I have a file that is black outline type over a starburst of a PMS color and the PMS color has an 18% black tint as a fake drop shadow. I can get the PMS to trap under (choke) to the black type, but how can i get the 18% tint to trap into the PMS? This is an illustrator file with many segments that create the outline type.

Thanks,

Twitch

You may be better off going straight to the source:

Customer Info > FAQ : SCREEN MEDIA TECHNOLOGY COMPANY
Trueflow User - Home
Trueflow Suite:SCREEN MEDIA TECHNOLOGY COMPANY
Trueflow SE:SCREEN MEDIA TECHNOLOGY COMPANY

This may entail more work than just waiting for an answer on this forum, but in the end I think it will be a more rewarding experience.

I know nothing of TrueFlow, but next month I will be moving to a shop that has some version of this software, so I plan to start my learning process at these links.

Good luck,

Al

Last edited:
One of the things i don't like about Trueflow - lack of a good manual. Training did not cover trapping except very basic. So 'going to the source' means a phone call and Webex
which varies in quality depending on who answers the phone. The interface has broken English translations and typos...... the trapping vocabulary is unlike any i have ever used (at least on a light table) in 35 years of printing.

So, Good Luck to you, Al

Last edited:
More than likely, you are experiencing some type of flattening of Transparency. If you look at the PDF that Trueflow is using internally, does the drop shadow show as vectors or raster in Pitstop? If it is raster, check your "IMAGE" settings. If it remains vector, and you are not using the APPE, you cannot trap the transparency.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back