Anyone Tried Trueflow 3 SE? (That is trueflow 3 version 5)

Re: Anyone Tried Trueflow 3 SE? (That is trueflow 3 version 5)

In the uk we have a trueflow users forum. Its a place where all tf users can chew the fat on all things. Dont know if it is available for people outside the uk though

Stu

I'm using it. Feel free to ask if u r interested to something.

I just recently spoke with a trueflow upgrade advisor and she told me that ScreenUSA was not doing any SE installs in the US till after the first of the year.

we bought our system in Aug, and the sales guy said the SE upgrade would be included, if it came out in the first year...
talk to them now that it is "out"... NO you'll have to pay an additional 2.5K for that!
Kinda burned on a few of the things We were told then not happen.

Oh, and their imposition software sucks compared to PREPS 5.3!
If I had known what I was getting into! I woulda bought the Kodak workflow.

But their platesetters are near perfect.

IMHO, the TF iposition module is not the best solution on the market, but this depend also to what kind of imposition structure you need to build. For my need, for istance, Dynastrip fit much better my jobs respect Preps. in any case, as you probably know, you can import (and manage) Preps Templates on TF.

Edited by: Cyanus on Dec 12, 2007 3:02 AM

We just purchased SE and are getting it installed the first week in January. Have not used Screen software yet but will let you know how it works out. We're currently working with Artworks software.

(Oh, and their imposition software sucks compared to PREPS 5.3!)

Are you kidding me???!!! Trueflow's Flatworker is the only perfectly integrated imposition software that enables full automation. With PREPS, you have that naming convention issue that prohibits true automation. Trueflow fan 4-life!

Trueflow 3 version 6 will be preview at Drupa and due for release around October / November so I'm told.

Having never used TrueFlow or Flatworker, I'm curious what sort full automation Trueflow's Flatworker offers. This is not the first time someone has mentioned it's automated capabilities, so I'd be interested in some details.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry, it's been awhile since I've been to Print Planet. In answer to your Flatworker question: Let's say you have an 8.5x11, 4-out, w/bleeds. You can build an imposition in Flatworker (including marks, color bars etc.). Then create a hot folder in Trueflow using this new imposition. It would be something like: (input - trap - imposition - softproof (pause) - outline PDF (pause) - RipforRecorder). Once this is created, you can drag/drop any PDF that is 8.75x11.25(including bleeds), to this hot folder and your work is done. Note that TRAP falls before imposition, so that you are stepping the trapped data. The pauses are so that you can check/change trapping, color separations, and edit output parameters before for proofing/plating.

Hope this helps...

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back