Trueflow/Flatworker SE 3pp

HammyKnight

Hi everyone.

I'm using the flat worker SE software to make impositions in my new job. I'm used to using Heidelberg's Synergy so all this seems a bit foreign to me.

i want to make a 3pp impo
page 1 and 2 on the front spread
and page 3 (common) on the back.

you would think it was quite simple, but after 3 hours fiddling, the only way i can find is to fudge it, and I don't really want to do that.

hope you all can help

thanks in advance

Hammy

Re: Trueflow/Flatworker SE 3pp

I am using Flatworker 4 and I would first make my 3 page pdf in the polished PDF folder from your Trueflow client.

Next in Flatworker , create a new template with page size and name it.. Number of pages imposed (ie. 1 vertical 2 horizontal depending how on press you run it. )

Add your plate, paper, reg. marks and info.

You need to number 1 and 2 on front then click on back view and number both pages on back 3. Save your template. Make your workflow using that template. When you drop your pdf in your workflow it should put page 3 twice on your sheet for the back.

Re: Trueflow/Flatworker SE 3pp

Hi im a new user to this site but been in the TF game for a while and had to register when i saw such a simple problem.

There 2 steps to answer to your question, but hopefully you've worked it out by now.
In flat worker build you impo like you always would with your plate marks info bars and all that stuff and leave the numbering till the very end
Then this is the trick
Goto File
Goto Setup Signature Pattern
Goto Setup base

In this menu make sure your pattern form is setup to "FREE" >>>ok

Then
Goto File
Goto Setup Signature Pattern
Goto Setup Back

in this menu turn off link front and back >>>ok >>>yes

You will now be able to number a will.

The link front and back is about linking numbers as well as print marks and other stuff this is why it auto number intelligently "normal" book signatures.

Hope this cures your sleepless nights

is any one in southern California using trueflow and flatworker se who could come out and give us some extra training you will be compensated send me private message please help

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back