Offset to Flexo

MacTwidget

Hello all.

After many, many years in offset printing prepress, I have made the move to flexo.
I think I will pick it up just fine, but I might be relying on you geniuses here @ PP for some pointers!

Lucky you! There's a great deal of innovation and technical advances happening in flexo right now. It's an exciting time. Just make sure to watch your sticky back :-D

I recently made the jump myself after almost 30 years on the offset side. It's definitely different, new parameters and things to watch out for but it's been a fun challenge so far. Hope you enjoy it!

Lucky you! There's a great deal of innovation and technical advances happening in flexo right now. It's an exciting time. Just make sure to watch your sticky back :-D

Just a few weeks ago, I would have never gotten the joke!

I recently made the jump myself after almost 30 years on the offset side. It's definitely different, new parameters and things to watch out for but it's been a fun challenge so far. Hope you enjoy it!

I was in offset for 30 years as well! I am looking forward to the challenge.

Hi there , Any advise for me as I am possible looking at making the move to Flexo. I have been managing litho for 15 years and may have a opportunity to make the change .
Thank you.
R

Hi there , Any advise for me as I am possible looking at making the move to Flexo. I have been managing litho for 15 years and may have a opportunity to make the change .
Thank you.
R

Get a copy of FIRST which is the equivalent of the GRACOL guide for offset.

Gordo any advise coming from litho. I am technicaly sound and very involved in our G7 colour managment . How is the transition? I 54 and nerve are setting in .I enjoy the industry but change will good.

Bob M

Gordo any advise coming from litho. I am technicaly sound and very involved in our G7 colour managment . How is the transition? I 54 and nerve are setting in .I enjoy the industry but change will good.

Bob M

Well, in the flexo world prepress is typically handled by an outside repro shop rather than an internal prepress dept in a printshop that also does the printing. I.e. the two functions of prepress and printing typically happen in different companies. If you're in prepress you'll need to learn the limitations of your CtP/Plate/Screening system, things like surface patterning, sticky back/tape, anilox cell size and design. FIRST will give you a lot of info to help you figure it out. Also, got to different vendor sites e.g. - Esko (the current dominate vendor) and Apex anilox to get more info. It's a different world - but it can be understood.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back