Flexo Sheet Plates

BlacknTan

Is there a solvent or resin (similar to caulk?) that can be used to repair nicks and cuts in a full coverage sheet plate? I'd hate to replace a plate for a simply hickey or scratch.

Thank you Slammer, I'll pass this along to our plate department. Is there a particular type of grout to use? I wonder about flexibility as the plate wraps around the drum, or is that not an issue?

I'm a little late to the party on this one. We tried filling gaps in plates before, and while the filler material laid ink down...you could clearly see where it was in the print.

We used just plain Alex+Plus caulk to seal plates for a while. It was OK...we found that it also did not adhere to the plate sleeves nearly as well as die sealer.

For full coverage plates...we'd purchase rubber plates bonded to a fiberglass sleeve. They cost like $900 each for our application, but they lasted forever and are a lot more durable than photopolymer.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back