Ryobi 3404 DI Imaging Issue

Hoping someone might have an idea of what is going on with my DI.

In the first tower (blk and magenta) the plates are imaging what looks like a scratch throughout the image (long way, same place every time). It appears that this 'scratch' is right where two of the (laser) zones meet....ran zones the other day to confirm.

I know its not an actual scratch on the plate as you cannot see it in a white area (only where there is image). And, if we move the image on the paper, the line moves with the image.

We have sent samples to presstek...but they have been unable to provide an answer.

Anyone have a similar issue?

Riverside you might have a block/zone out of adjustment, we've had the same issue with our DIM450, hope that helps.:)

If your presstek rep. haven't see this before, you need a new one!

Have someone who knows the DI to come an do a laser spot positioning adjustment.
takes 1-2 hous, tops.

Adjusting

Adjusting

Can anyone tell me if this is the adjuster for the laser, and if it's as easy as spinning the dial?
Would hate to have presstek come out if I can do it myself...seems it's a 'guesswork' type of adjustment, and I can do that.

thanks

Attachments

• PART_1287593553379.jpg
    PART_1287593553379.jpg
    822.6 KB · Views: 238
DI press operator

DI press operator

Sounds like the zones aren't evenly adjusted. You see the unevenness on screened areas.
We changed to VIM Technologies DOB plates. We are having the same issues, with the unevenness. It would be good if the operation manual had any info in it.

Line

Line

I will have a answer for you tomorrow if this probem is still going on? Sending them samples and no answer is typical from them. If this is still going on let me know please.

Hoping someone might have an idea of what is going on with my DI.

In the first tower (blk and magenta) the plates are imaging what looks like a scratch throughout the image (long way, same place every time). It appears that this 'scratch' is right where two of the (laser) zones meet....ran zones the other day to confirm.

I know its not an actual scratch on the plate as you cannot see it in a white area (only where there is image). And, if we move the image on the paper, the line moves with the image.

We have sent samples to presstek...but they have been unable to provide an answer.

Anyone have a similar issue?

Hey RiversideGX, did you ever resolve the laser spot positioning? I am undergoing the same issue and have been turning the screw by the lens and i am seeing no progress.

Hi Tony671, the "screw" you are trying to adjust, is it metal or plastic? The first couple of years the machine was produced, they used plastic and it was prone to snapping at the axel - if that is the case you are basically out of luck.

Hi Tony671, the "screw" you are trying to adjust, is it metal or plastic? The first couple of years the machine was produced, they used plastic and it was prone to snapping at the axel - if that is the case you are basically out of luck.

Hey Mutti, the screw is plasitic. Out of the 6, the 3rd one snapped off. Adjustment is needed on the 3rd but since it has snapped off I am compensating the 4th, 5th, and 6th screw to favor the 3rd. Any help will be great. Thanks

On the DI we had it was either the bladder on the wet clean had dried ink or debris stuck causing voids or some would say a scratch. The dry clean also can cause it if the roller is worn. Try developing by hand to see if it fixes.

Hi sir Hope you are well
I have a full tech documentation for RYOBI DI.
Let me know, if you are interesting.
Blessing and Happy New Year.
[email protected]
cell+whatsAPP:+50588611441

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back