flexo presses

rbailleu

Hi,

we have been considering a narrow width 10" or so label machine. I was considering a mark andy 830 to get started. does any one have any suggestions as far as a press to start with. we have never run flexo machines. we are good enough to figure it out, but I wanted to get suggestion from people that have run flexo. the eventual goal is to have a label machine that can run just labels, but also run copy expansion labels as well.

Hi,

Would suggest that you go with the Gallus as a reliable machine preferably the EM280 as it also has the Rotary Screen Intergrated within the machine making it one of the few best label narrow web presses for label printing.

The next best press in terms of cost effectiveness : productivity would be a nilpeter or gidue. You can try a letter press machine to avoid inventory on Anilox rolls and other consumables, as Digital letterpress blocks are available today giving good quality print results.

Thanks,
DRB

Without diving into your target market, run lengths, etc..

I think if I were considering pursuing this segment, I'd take a long look at an Indigo for a first Label Press. I know the long runs might not be a good fit, but there are a lot of good reasons to look down that road. For example, you can run other stuff if it doesn't turn out to be a home run. Just my .02...

I looked into an hp setup. they were talking $400,000 to get started. then if I wanted to finish the lablels another $400,000. I would love to have the setup they had at graphexpo last year.
then they said you would need to coat the paper and you would need a small flexo machine to do that.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back