Carbonless Stock Not Wanting To Dry

Eric A

Short and sweet.... anyone ever have any issues with carbonless paper and ink not wanting to dry? We never have... until today. I can't for the life of me figure out what is going wrong. We use Toyo Hyunity black and normally love it, but for some reason it just does not want to work with us today. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Eric

Re: Carbonless Stock Not Wanting To Dry

Hello eric,

has anything changed? eg the operator decided to drop fount yesterday. Something must have changed, is is a new tin of ink as some inks lose there drying ability after a year or so. Check all your variables and if everything is ok try 50 sheets of a different stock and see how that drys. We are somewhat at the mercy of our suppliers to maintain quality in there manufacturing processses so ink and paper are difficult to check wiithout expensive tests. If all else fails get some cobolt dryers, van son do some in a paste form and that should do the trick.

Good luck and if u need more help then re post

Paul

Eric:
Another approach is to use an ink additive called Speedy Dry, (look on Google). That doesn't really help you now though, does it? You already have this pile of paper you are trying to sell with ink on it. Did the ink dry on the top sheet? If it did, then there's hope. You could put the sheets in a warm place, near the compressor, and rack off into small lifts. I'm sure you have tried all these things, but if not...
John Lind
Cranberry Township PA
724-776-4718

Paul - I remember the old days when the ink emulsified and printed on CF - it never dried - But I expect we have gone passed those days.

Peter

As for Johns idea - I have even put sheets through a thermo machine trying to get them to dry

So, we ended up letting it sit over night and using a dryer. I don't like using the dryers as it seems inconsistent from job to job, and that is the reason why i like to use the Toyo ink (great and consistent drying times.) I appreciate all the input. thanks again.
Eric

Your problem could be the paper.. we had a similar problem last week, switched to a new supplier that is half the price, front side prints ok but the second side doesent dry and the ink wont transfer properly onto the sheet. We switched stocks and the problem was gone

amin

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back