3302 wrinkling tail edge of #10 envelopes.

pressmanken

I'm running #10 bond windows on a 3302M. I am gripping opposite the address, as the customer wants the image no more than 1/8" from the top and side. The tail end of the envelope is wrinkling and I haven't been able to adjust this out. The wrinkles are uniform, and at an angle to the envelope. Is there an adjustment I can try? Or should this job be run another way (more gripper to run head first), or as a sheet, then converted? thanks for any help or tips you can throw my way.
Ken S.

update...

update...

I switched out the bond envelopes for some Cougar windows and the problem went away. Cheaper stock was distorting around the window.

Yep I was gonna say try different envelopes. Have seen this a lot with Printmaster brand envelopes. They are the worst.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back