Need a new 4 color process ink, any suggestions??

kheskins

Hi, we currently have a
Heidelberg GTO 52-2 w. direct continuous dampening system(no circ tank or alcohol)
Heidelberg MOZP 25" 2 color w. cloth dampeners(1 cloth, 1 rubber form) and a circ system

We were using Lotus Plus ink from Heidelberg and it worked well for us but is no longer available. Have been trying Hostman Rapida series but have huge drying problems, especially with the Magenta and Yellow. Jobs are picking and not drying.

Just tried a sample of Vanson Quickson series and it seems to work alright. I'm told its fairly expensive though.
My shop is in Canada, any other suggestions??? I'd appreciate it,
Thanks

Re: Need a new 4 color process ink, any suggestions??

Would you try a Soy Base ink? I can provide samples and testimonials, it is very good (moderate priced) ink and most who have tried it now buy it. Email me and I'll arrange shipment to try [email protected]

>Have been trying Hostman Rapida series but have huge drying problems, especially with the Magenta and Yellow. Jobs are picking and not drying.

Are you referring to the Rapida optima (1765) series, or the Rapida from the Inkcredible series? Just curious.

I would recomend ZipSet ink. The pigment level is strong, the water pick level and the drying is excellent. Price is good also. Very low misting also.
Just google ZIPSET INK.

Good Luck
OG

Thanks, i'm trying the Vanson Quickson series right now. So far its working good, very little window framing, ink not emulsifying in dampener rollers, seems to dry and set really quickly. Also received a sample of Saphira, from Heidelberg, haven't tested it yet

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back