Roland 304

JFB

Anybody is operating or has any experience with the Roland 304 ?
Is reliability really an issue? if yes, what are the problems incountered?
If not what do u like or dislike about this machine.
Thanks in advance.

Re: Roland 304

As above, electrical sensor problems most of the time, mechanicaly a good press. I suffered with board marking on the run, the second transfer cylinder runs close to the checker plate which you sit on making clearance an issue, always struggled to stop tail edge flapping and bowing.

Paul

very capable press but early german electronics gave bad reputation.

Re: Roland 304

I am a rubber roller manufacturer. The Roland 300 series is equipped with oscillating ink form rollers. These rollers use a internal needle bearing and when replacement is necessary the bearings are about $150.. each. (2 per roller, 4 rollers per unit, 32 of these bearings on a 4/c press) In addition to the price of the bearing it is sometimes difficult to obtain them, they are made by only one European manufacturer. I have seen printers replace the oscillating form with standard non oscillating cores.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back