Collapse
Canon
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GFI Ink Dispenser

Anybody running a GFI Ink Dispenser in their pressroom ?
    Comments good and bad would be great.

Thanks

Re: GFI Ink Dispenser

We are considering adding an ink mixing system also and would welcome any input or comments as to accuracy and value.

Comment

Just installed one 3 weeks ago. I love it, however the pressmen (nuff said) just can't seem to get a handle on it. I mean a trained chimp can run these things but man I tell you I am getting tired of coming in to 4 pounds of pms 100 every other day because some dumba*s can't fuc*ing read the screen and see what he is mixing. All I will say is if you have a literate pressman you will like the machine. It has cut down the amount of ink we have on hand simply because if you need 3 lbs you mix 3 lbs and not have to buy 5 lbs from the manufacturer. It keeps a record of all ink mixed and if everyone does their job and re-inventories the ink properly you can cut way down on waste ink being disposed of.
      Again, I would recommend the machine whole heartedly.

Comment

Thanks for the information. I think we have fairly literate press personnel so this should help!

Comment

Did you check already the new inkdispenser form Rexson's Easydoser?

Comment

We have used the Parmarco Sentinal units on many presses. Install and forget.
            link below:
            Ink Management System

Comment

Originally posted by speedrcer1 View Post
              We have used the Parmarco Sentinal units on many presses. Install and forget.
              link below:
              Ink Management System
              I think speedrcer1 meant an ink mixer, not a ink dispenser for a press.

Here is the link.
              Ink Dispensing Systems - GFI Innovations,Inc.

They are a big help if you don't want to have a lot of cash invested into ink sitting on the shelf.

Comment

We have had one for a few years down here and while the machine is good it is not the end all to be all. It does save time on small runs. However, just like in longer runs, say over 20-30 lbs, I have found that it is better just to mix the ink at the manufacture. Just like there we are seeing slight issues between mixes. Do not get me wrong, good machine but still has flaws.
                David Burns

Comment

I just started working at a new place that has the GFI and I'm blown away. We're running Kohl & Madden and the repeatability of these blends are 10x better than my old ink rep could do at my previous location. This thing is the real deal.

Comment

A new inkdispensingunit for tin cans.

Here is the link.

de Ruiter Graphics Heino

Comment

Actually PMS books are called guides for a reason. No one can guarantee if you measure exactly a formula that it will match.. Variations from batch to batch in ink strengths.. what about stock brightness??? truth is if you have customers who will accept DE of 2 or more you might be good to go.. And yes batch size??? The ink and tubes cost alot more than a can... I don't know about you, but you buy mixmaster software for 299$ a kit mixer (which you need anyway and is cheaper than GFI vibration mixer) and some knives a scaler for $400 and you are mixing ink.. and Mixmaster allows you to also put in customer colors and then work off your excess ink inventory also... So you can spend 35K for a dispensing machine, or $1000... Our people can weigh up a batch of ink in 10 minutes or less.. not sure that is worth the cost difference... but that one mans opinion...

Comment

4OverStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)AleyantCanonKBA
                      KBAKBA

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3048 users online. 46 members and 3002 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on 04-20-2018.

Working...
                      X