Perfecting 2 x2 is really common?

printform

Our main business today has been continuos business forms for 15 years. Our market has already a day to die. We would like to move forward sheetfed press printing(commercial printing). We are considering a SM 52-4 and a Ryobi 524GE. We have doubts on this perfecting issue 2 x 2. It is a big investment. What others sugestions you could give me?

Re: Perfecting 2 x2 is really common?

Being Partial to Speedmasters, The SM52 would be a Good Choice . Very Flexable machine. I am on my 3rd 52 I am running a 6 Color perfector with coater.
It handles 2 x 2 work quite easily. Ink Coverage and type of stock are really your biggest factor. SM52 have alot of Big press features. that make it very cost effective. It is fast to makeready 300 sheets or less, 15,000 SPH it will run!! Their are alot of good machines though that could help you break into this market. However consider Resale if you ever want to upgrade Equipment. Service and support. I still think Heidelberg is hands down the best I have worked with.

Marty

Re: Perfecting 2 x2 is really common?

The Ryobi 524GXP has an exceptional perfecting changeover system that is fully automated. We installed on a year ago into one of our customers who uses the perfecting system with various size formats and it has performed flawlessly. The system can change from straight to perfecting and vice versa in less than one minute while the operator performs other tasks.

Another feature that we like about the Ryobi is the double diameter impression cylinders that grip the sheet once through two colors and a total of 5 gripper changes through the four color printing sequence compared to a SM52-4P that goes through 13 gripper changes.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back