Perretta Ink System Model 2180A

GreenCrossInc

Our company runs a Komori C18 (LR518U). It is a 10 color, narrow web press from the early 80's. Our equipment supplier has found another C18 that is being 'decomissioned' and has a Perretta 2180A ink system on it. I'm trying to find out what type of computer system the 2180 runs on (Windows 95 or 98, etc.) and if parts are still readily available. I have emailed the service department of Perretta, and just haven't heard back. Then I found this forum and thought I'd give this method a try.

Thanks

Tony

Production Supervisor

Re: Perretta Ink System Model 2180A

I heard from Perretta a little while ago. This system is DOS 486 based.... pause.... wow, that's old! If it has the latest updates it might be as recent as 1991. I was hoping for Windows 95 at least.

Re: Perretta Ink System Model 2180A

Try calling Peretta and ask for Larry Peretta. I think the press that is being decommissioned is near Albany, NY. If it is the same machine it is a recently closed company called Tech Valley. I think we have roller cores from them for that machine.

Perretta P2180 Remote inking system

Perretta P2180 Remote inking system

Tony,

The P2180 is a remote inking system, yes it may be DOS but very stable. It has 1&1/8" individual segments. Also if the system is in good shape mechanically it can be upgraded (to windows XP) for a fraction of the cost of a new system. E-mail me @ [email protected] if you have any questions( other than price, I can't help you with that) Greg

Perretta upgrade

Perretta upgrade

Our company runs a Komori C18 (LR518U). It is a 10 color, narrow web press from the early 80's. Our equipment supplier has found another C18 that is being 'decomissioned' and has a Perretta 2180A ink system on it. I'm trying to find out what type of computer system the 2180 runs on (Windows 95 or 98, etc.) and if parts are still readily available. I have emailed the service department of Perretta, and just haven't heard back. Then I found this forum and thought I'd give this method a try.

Thanks

Tony

Production Supervisor

Hi Tony:

There is a "direct connect solution" available from LithoTel Software for the Perretta 2100 series consoles. Their solution will allow Windows to preset the ink keys and use an X-Rite scanner for closed loop color control. Go to <www.lithotel.ca> and check out the ColorLinx product.

Retroman

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back