excess ink

xmoles

Hi to all

one question

I want check excess ink in printing only black , but i'm not use densitometer

It's possible I can put mark in web and only see I can know if there is excess ink?

Thank for your help

You could inculde small square patches of various screen values on the web and then visually see when they start to plug in. This would of course assume you have a good ink/water balance and they did not plug in due to over emulsified ink.

Hi to all

one question

I want check excess ink in printing only black , but i'm not use densitometer

It's possible I can put mark in web and only see I can know if there is excess ink?

Thank for your help

Every image element in the live image area can help you see if there's a problem. Here's a quick guide as to what to look for: The Print Guide: Every letter tells a story - print problems revealed in type reproduction.

If there's excess ink you'll usually have ink "tailing" or "slinging" also setoff and possibly scumming.

gordo

a visual inspection of the ink on your rollers will offer you lots of info on how much ink is making it to the sheet. You need to take a peek at the form roller right over the plate and look at how deep the nap of ink film is on the roller. In time you will learn the visual cues as to what is too much, and what is not enough, and whats just the right amount of ink. Learning how to tell by looking is a skill worth its weight in gold. Until you learn just what a correct ink film should look like you can measure it with an ink film thickness gauge. Your ink supplier should be able to get you one and offer you info on how to use it properly.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back