Replacing plate lockup clips

MNaismith

Hi all,

We are running Goss Community towers and have had a couple of plate lockup clips snap off. We are currently having the parts freighted to us but since the presses were installed (15 years ago) there actually hasn't been any replaced. We have found some DIY instructions on how to replace them but they are a little vague just wondering if anyone out there has had experience changing these and how long the process and how difficult it was? Thanks.

Easy easy easy

Easy easy easy

Hi all,

We are running Goss Community towers and have had a couple of plate lockup clips snap off. We are currently having the parts freighted to us but since the presses were installed (15 years ago) there actually hasn't been any replaced. We have found some DIY instructions on how to replace them but they are a little vague just wondering if anyone out there has had experience changing these and how long the process and how difficult it was? Thanks.

first make sure you have the correct tools T handle for the u bold and a 14 inch wrench and we always PB blaster them first and let it sit .

First shut the lock down with the plate off you will see two little square headed bolts you want to tighten them down a touch until you see the lock down move up . now where you put the plate wrench to open the jaw there are two screws on each side ( need a chapman to get them out ) remove those . inch the press slightly and you will see a bigger square bolt one on each side that you have to tight or loosen depending on how you have them in there next take out the lock down . i would recommend when you rebuild the new one to use stainless screws to put the jaws back on , also i would grease the lockdown slot before you put it back in , hopefully this helps if not pm me and i can shoot you a few pics of how its done

I know this is an older post, I need to replace several lock down clips, Could I get the pictures if you still have them around? I have nothing to go by as far as tear down diagrams. By the look of things..these bars are in two pieces? I have new replacment bars and there are no holes for attaching clips to. I didnt want to tear one apart to explore how its done and then all of a sudden need that unit. Any extra help would be great. thanks

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back