Press not coming off impression

Caled

Today my AB Dick 9995 is staying on impression and is coating the impression cylinder with the image as soon as it is started up. I know it's not coming off impression as the spray powder device is constanty supplying spray with every revolution of the cylinders when it should only be doing this when in contact with a sheet. I've cleaned all the blanket jam sensors and this has had no effect.
My engineer can't come for 2 days so any help on how to get this working until he comes would be helpful.
Thanks
Colin

Re: Press not coming off impression

Now the press is running fast then slowing down for no reason. Major electrical fault?

Colin,
Sounds like you’re missing some power. If you are on 3 phase supply to building maybe a leg is out.
Why 2 days for a tech to show up? You said an AB Dick machine, Presstek killed ABDick long ago because they are in bed with Ryobi and AB Dick was the last American press manufacturer so like the car makers in the USA, Japan had to squash the offset press makers also with the help of the Laser boys.
Presstek service takes 2 days? Call an independent, who needs the Laser Boys? They are selling copiers now……….LOL
OFFSETGUY
Keep the ABDicks Running That is a Smarter way to print

Thanks Offset. Power is single phase, standard UK 240v. The press is running fast for a few seconds then going slow and then speeding up again. It's staying on impression and although I can print with it, sheets are jamming on the impression cylinder due to the initial build of ink.
My engineer is a mate, who knows my machine inside out, but is fully booked for 2 days. I gave up with AB Dick long ago, as their service charges are a rip off in my opinion.
Definately a electrical problem, praying that it's not the motor but its most likely a relay somewhere.

AB Dick 9995 prints image on one of the 2 sides of the impression cylinder when it comes off impression. Any ideas as far as an adjustment?

Printer that should be easy. There are 2 solenoids that pull in for impression, The return springs get weak over time, tighten the spring slightly. Also clean your IMP sensor.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back