AB Dick 9995A the second color moves up, then moves down...

TOM3K

Hi,
I have a problem when printing two colors the second color moves up. When I turn down - after a few runs escapes upwards ... and that happens all the time, up and down (It moves about 0,5 mm).
Can someone help me?

Not familiar with that press, but I've been fighting this on my 9810 with T-head for a long while. After the first 100 impressions or so, I have to check the registration and nearly always have to adjust. The problem in my case is plate stretch. The plate grows on the parent press, but not on the T-head. I think it's because of the different designs of plate holders, the 9810 pulls on the plate harder than the T-head. Spray glue on the plate helps, but not much. Haven't found a workaround other than keeping a close eye on things and adjusting as soon as things have moved too much.

Sound like it's slipping or stretching, on my 9995, it does not move after the first time it rolls back a hair. No glue or inked cylinder. Now with that machine are you using just the spring to tighten it or are you also cranking the tension nuts down. I have to do both to keep it held good. You don't have to crank the nuts, just get it to take some of the spring play out. Also if your ink is to tacky it may make the loose plate shift easy.

on a 9810, as the above suggested I have heard spray glue holds them. I have a 9810 as well and on that I just ink the cylinder then pit the plate in the ink, it stays put just with the stick of the ink. Not a full coat just a little while I run think arround. On the 9810 it's easy to stretch the plate with the thumb screws.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back