Anti-Marking Products for Sheet Fed Presses

jaelliott

Hello, I wanted to get some feedback concerning anti-marking products on sheet fed presses.

Of these four USA companies supplying anti-marking films, which is most popular (or have better products and why)

Printing Research (Blue Glass and Super See)

Anti-Marking Systems (Pearl-Tex)

Print Guard (Orange Film)

Shinoda USA (ICP)

When in comes to Heidelberg presses, are the OEM metal jackets a good buy or are anti-marking film jacket alternatives a better buy?

Thanks for your feedback.

We use the Super See on both our SM-74 and SM-52 presses and they work very well. If you go that route, make sure you don't get the course one that comes with a tape to roll over it to get the ink build up off of it, it is not as good as the original one. I have used the Pearl Tex on our old GTO-52 2 color perfector on the perfector drum between the first and second unit and it worked very good. Also, I have used the Orange film that was a sticky back version on our old GTO-52 4 color press as there was no jackets. They also did a great job compared to the original heidelberg transfer cylinders. We are located in Canada and the cost of the super see is about a 1/4 the cost of the OEM heidelberg jackets. Not trying to take anything away from the heidelberg jackets as they work very well also, just a cost issue with us. Hope this helps a bit. Richard.

I have used Blue Glass and super see and also Orange film, but orange film performs much better,
I also have used a fabric called Batiste and its a lot cheaper than both but its time consuming process to replace and cut the proper size. Anyways it works well. Machine was SM102.

Thanks for your input HP, concerning the Super See does the grid location system work well and worth the extra cost?

I agree that the Heidelberg metal jackets are a good product but it seems most will agree that the cost is just to high.

Aqazi, from my understanding the reason the Orange film works better then Blue Glass is that the Orange has a silicon top coat whereas the Blue Glass relies on the glass beads to support the sheet allowing ink to accumulate between the beads. Have you ever tried the Shinoda green ICP as it has a triple silicon coated surface?

Hi!! can anybody give me some advise on this matter? I need the antimarking for the perfector turnover cilinder for the Shinohara 75IVP, I´m looking between PrintGuard and Shinoda, Jaelliot I guess you work on Shinoda but can Anyboday else give me some experience on which one should I get? o maybe Jaelliot, why would be shinoda better than printguard, if there is any reason?

Thanks for your advice!

Hi camicov,
This is Jaelliott at Shinoda USA, let me start by telling you that our parent company in Japan was once the supplier to Shinohara Japan for their anti-marking film requirements and the SSR plate packing, we are the only company in the USA that still supplies the SSR. While Print Guard is not a bad product, I believe you will find that we have more to choose from concerning types ranging from economic anti-marking paper to three types of anti-marking film, 1, 2 or 3 Silicon top coatings. Companies such as Heidelberg, Komori, and Fujifilm offer our products over Print Guard so I believe that gives our product a good endorsement. We provide a 30 day money back guarantee if you are not satisfied. You can contact me at 817-886-9250 or [email protected] to discuss in more detail. As this post is somewhat old I hope that your question revives the subject and you receive further answers that hopefully will point you in our direction.
Jim Elliott

Hi Jaelliott,

Thanks for your feedback, so we´ll give the Shinoda ICP-S adhesive backing Green a Try and we already have a local supplier here in Colombia, I´ll post our further experience with it.

best regards.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back