dot gain fluorescent

xmoles

Hello to all

I have fluorescent pantone in printing offset system , it's possible dot gain in machine
is different to color pantone normal ?

thank you

I'm assuming your talking about Pantone dayglow colors. If so, YES. Ive found that the composition of the Pantone Dayglow colors are pretty weakly pigmented. In order to get Dayglow colors up to color, to the point where your matching the swatch, you need to push an extremely thick ink film. This thick ink film is not at all conducive to maintaining a good dot, even if you could maintain such an ink film for any length of time on press. In my experience prolonged running of that thick an ink film will catch up with you in the form of plate dry ups and other press issues and never really look all that great. If you can arrive at pleasing color running the Dayglow inks down a significant amount then you will see much better results on press. Perhaps a double hit if possible.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back