Heidelberg Printmaster QM 46 piling

Jabs

I recently installed new Saphira water forms and metering rollers to both units of a Heidelberg Printmaster QM46. Im getting ink piling from the 2nd unit to the blanket. Of course this contaminates the first unit. I have rechecked all roller settings which look good. Scum line on the plate looks good. The press was neglected but Im slowly getting back into shape but the new rollers have created a new problem . Im at a loss. I am new to this machine and my press experience is with large format KBAs. So basically I feel like a rookie all over again.

Can anyone help?

Ink from unit 2(nearest the feeder) is getting on the blanket in the non image areas. Since it is a shared blanket cylinder it then transfers to unit 1(nearest the delivery) and into the ink train.

am I missing something here? I thought we counted our ink units in the order that they print. If the first unit to print is right after the feeder then how does that unit get a 2nd unit designation?

Don't be offended by this but are you sure you've got the forms in the right unit? A lot of people new to the qm's don't realise the damper forms are different, hard rubber in unit 1 and soft in unit 2. Also you are correct about unit 2 being over the feed, it rolls the ink 2nd onto the blanket.

No offense. Great question. Yes hard rubber in unit 1 over delivery and soft in unit 2 over feeder.

By the way Im using the roller settings in the Heidelberg manual.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back