ManRoland 500

naposim

Dear colegues,

I have a question about Roland 500 after 2007....
Is it true that Roland 500 has big problems with printing on papers? In Roland specs it can manage from 0,06 mm to 0,6 mm in standard spec....is this problem related to NCR papers (tickness 0,07mm) or everything below 80gr (0.10mm)... Regarding NCR papers, are problems with feeding papers or print quality? What is a print quality in comparison with Sm 74 or LS 29... Are they reliable and strong as they say?
I'm very interested in operators opinion working on that machine. Please share your experience. Many thanks.

Dear colegues,

I have a question about Roland 500 after 2007....
Is it true that Roland 500 has big problems with printing on papers? In Roland specs it can manage from 0,06 mm to 0,6 mm in standard spec....is this problem related to NCR papers (tickness 0,07mm) or everything below 80gr (0.10mm)... Regarding NCR papers, are problems with feeding papers or print quality? What is a print quality in comparison with Sm 74 or LS 29... Are they reliable and strong as they say?
I'm very interested in operators opinion working on that machine. Please share your experience. Many thanks.

Hi,
I never ran MANROLANDs of the age 2007 or above but have experience on old Roland presses, In my opinion Manroland presses can handle everything within its specs, even the old Roland Rekords here are preferred over newer Heidelbergs because of their top quality feeder and ability to handle the most wide range and quality of papers.
If you are buying Manroland because of limited budget then it would be a good choice but if you have no issue of budget then my 1st choice would be SM74 and 2nd would be LS29.
Also you must consider which manufacturer has better local tech support and parts in your area.

aqazi81
Thank you for your reply.
But if Rolands have good feeder and ability to handle wide range of stock , with 7 o'clock cylinders whay are they so underestimated?

Budget is allways problem. Our service network for Roland is good here ,but not good as Heidelberg.

And why is your 1st choice Sm74?

You said that you have experience on old Roland. What is print quality of the Roland in comparision with Heidelberg?

Hi There,

We have a Roland 300 YOM 2003 and Roland 700 YOM 2006.

These machines are very good. You can print any type of paper you want. If you compare with SM I think is it just matter of the brand. So you are going to pay more just because it is Heidelberg. If your operators are comfortable with Roland? Go for it.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back