9995 lint issues / troubles.

Skyishere

9995 running some cheep linty paper was getting massive lint sticking on the blanket and effecting the image. Is there a better way to prevent this other than dealing with it if it happens. My only solution was to stop and clean every so often and watch it like a hawk so it can stop and clean it when needed.

I did at one point take the whole set of rollers out thinking it had to be a paper in the roller it was so bad.

I won't get that paper ever again, and I guess that's the reason for the closeout pricing on it. But it was a super cheap 20lb, 8.5x11 sheet, that right out of the wrap had lint and occasional residual trim bits in the wrapper. I did wind the sheets and get what I thought was most of the junk out. But not all the lint apparently.

so is there a better way to control paper lint on a 9995 other than not buying that or other cheap paper?

you could try a couple of things to get you through this batch of crap paper. The first would be to run the stock through the press on impression without any ink to clean the sheet off. If you do this be sure to shut off your powdering unit. Stop frequently to clean the built up lint from your blanket. Your second option would be to seal up the sheet with a sizing. This too will cost you an additional pass through the press, running a dry solid of a reduced transparent white, in hopes of sealing the surface of the sheet. Either way id try testing a small batch to see if it works because I've seen at times these fixes actually make matters worse.

What I ended up doing was toss in a few scrap sheets after every thousand. Reminding me to do a quick clean and restart. After 5k I had to put in the clear in blade and do a quick clean. Same at 10k. It was a newspaper insert so it was not critical to be 100 percent perfect, but I screws with my ocd when we get little lint spots in a line or a solid spot. I can run 5 times that and never see such a lint effect it on "normal stocks".

the paper we had that caused an issue was a close out cheap stock, and we will never go though that mess again. What we saved in cost we lost in slowdown time.

anyhow thanks for the tip. I don't think that paper would have gone any better.

side note this was the first time I ever found half sheets and 1/4 sheets interleaved.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back