Graph ExpoPrintPlanet
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gentlemen,

Malfuncation.

I would the Poteniometers that control the Circumferential/Lateral Register Motors.

Regards, Alois

Comment

Very insightful, Alois. But Robb previously mentioned press electronics does not indicate the movement, hence, pot failure may surely be discounted as relative to this malfuncation :-)
      Last edited by junker1984; 06-15-2017, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Thanks Junker1984, I see where you're coming from now.

Alois Senefelder...console shows no movement-it thinks all is fine. Perfect register always comes back within 200-500 sheets with no input from me. Of course I can't afford to lose that many sheets, so I am always chasing to make sheets at least acceptable.

Comment

Robb -

Stupid questions - BUT

1)You manually achieve register via press console ?

2) Running good sheets - then register shifts ?

3) Is there any pattern as to when miis - register occurs - how many sheets ?

4) Do any of the colours in register - K+C but mis-register to M+Y /

Comment

Alois Senefelder...With all due respect, please read again my first posted question.

Comment

Robb - I've done very little service work on PM/SM52 machines over the years, but I know on most SM machines there is a grease zirc on the front face of the inner gear of the plate cylinder double gear assembly. This zirc lubricates the brass bushing the outer gear rides on...if the bush is dry, it will cause just what you're experiencing. Rotate the press, and look at the outer face of the gear assembly watching for the zirc. If you see one, lubricate with a high quality synthetic grease. NOT WHITE LITHIUM!
              Last edited by junker1984; 06-16-2017, 10:28 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Aha, I see it there and shot them all full of grease-did not know of them. I will watch for improvement! Thanks.

Comment

My money says we just resolved your problem. Keep us posted on results!

Comment

UltimateDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)4OverStandard FinishingKBAAleyant
                  KBAKBA

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2824 users online. 43 members and 2781 guests.

Most users ever online was 5,872 at 11:39 AM on 09-30-2016.

Working...
                  X