Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gentlemen,

Malfuncation.

I would the Poteniometers that control the Circumferential/Lateral Register Motors.

Regards, Alois

Comment

Very insightful, Alois. But Robb previously mentioned press electronics does not indicate the movement, hence, pot failure may surely be discounted as relative to this malfuncation :-)
      Last edited by junker1984; 06-15-2017, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Thanks Junker1984, I see where you're coming from now.

Alois Senefelder...console shows no movement-it thinks all is fine. Perfect register always comes back within 200-500 sheets with no input from me. Of course I can't afford to lose that many sheets, so I am always chasing to make sheets at least acceptable.

Comment

Robb -

Stupid questions - BUT

1)You manually achieve register via press console ?

2) Running good sheets - then register shifts ?

3) Is there any pattern as to when miis - register occurs - how many sheets ?

4) Do any of the colours in register - K+C but mis-register to M+Y /

Comment

Alois Senefelder...With all due respect, please read again my first posted question.

Comment

Robb - I've done very little service work on PM/SM52 machines over the years, but I know on most SM machines there is a grease zirc on the front face of the inner gear of the plate cylinder double gear assembly. This zirc lubricates the brass bushing the outer gear rides on...if the bush is dry, it will cause just what you're experiencing. Rotate the press, and look at the outer face of the gear assembly watching for the zirc. If you see one, lubricate with a high quality synthetic grease. NOT WHITE LITHIUM!
              Last edited by junker1984; 06-16-2017, 10:28 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Aha, I see it there and shot them all full of grease-did not know of them. I will watch for improvement! Thanks.

Comment

My money says we just resolved your problem. Keep us posted on results!

Comment

Junker, et.al......5 days after greasing, I thought the drift was lessening, but so slight that I felt maybe I was kidding myself...10 days after, I was sure it is better, and now, about 15-20 days in, it is at least 50% better. My guess is that it will continue to improve. Even now it is so much better that it's a huge relief.
                    Once again, a press problem turns out to be operator error.

Thank you all.

Comment

Hi Robb - Having not seen any postings from you recently, I was wondering if you were seeing the results you just posted and, not wanting to jump to conclusions before you knew there was truly improvement, waited to share your results...or, you were just helping me save face for steering you in the wrong direction and being cocky about it :-). Guess we put the train back on the tracks! Great news, Robb.

Comment

Originally posted by robb View Post
                        Once again, a press problem turns out to be operator error.
                        Not knowing something doesn't really translate to operator error - there's a big difference.

Comment

That there is, alibryan. Over the years, I've run across many repair instances that could have been avoided if the pressmen had received the instruction that was standard in the past. Now, its "Joe quit yesterday, Rob, you're on the 29" Heidelberg starting tomorrow".

Comment

Originally posted by junker1984 View Post
                            That there is, alibryan. Over the years, I've run across many repair instances that could have been avoided if the pressmen had received the instruction that was standard in the past. Now, its "Joe quit yesterday, Rob, you're on the 29" Heidelberg starting tomorrow".
                            and every print job is urgent when it's on press, though sometimes it stays in the postpress for weeks.
                            No time for preventive maintenance.
                            Asif Qazi
                            www.facebook.com/printindustry

Comment

Preventive Maintenance???? That is sooo 1980's, Asif! :-)

Comment

UltimateDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)4OverStandard FinishingKBA
                              KBAKBA

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4393 users online. 76 members and 4317 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,151 at 11:36 AM on 11-17-2017.

Working...
                              X