Envelope wrinkles abdick9995 / ryobi

Skyishere

Using our abdick 9996 /ryobi 3302. We started getting envelope wrinkles only on #10 regulars. This was not always the case. I am scrtaching my head on thus as I just printed a ton of Windows the sane size. Tried moving the work, taking the pressure almost all the way off. Even tried feeding without the print on all wrinkles tail end and are useable.

any other things i am missing? Hand feed won't wrinkle.

also just about have the feed blower air off. And it still wrinkles.

My 2 cents - Try turning the air down to zero and then slowly increase until the envelope starts feeding - may be too much air filling up the envelope.
Hope that helps.

Sure it's not the envelopes? I've had this problem, changed "brand" during the run and the problem went away. I will try the above suggestions next time the problem arises though.

Two different cases or the same with different lots same issue. Different brand same issue. Just tail wrinkle now if I turn it 180. Feed it flat other side problem is less. But still that's not a solution. Ran this brand in the last 30 days and they were just fine. So it's a decent development following another issue we had.

checked 4 and 5 from above reply everything seems fine.

backed off the pressure on what I would call the buckle amount and same result.

Try a patch blanket - they are self adhesive and you can cut them to just carry the image the rest of the envelope will never touch the cylinder and never wrinkle . . . .

Does it wrinkle before or after it touches the blanket ?. Ours was doing that to 6x9's, ended up being back cylinder fingers needed adjusted/replaced.

Try a patch blanket - they are self adhesive and you can cut them to just carry the image the rest of the envelope will never touch the cylinder and never wrinkle . . . .

I can see the patch blanket to be an absolute cure for about 250 sheets, tops. On any significant press run there will be a slow and steady build up of fountain solution until it gets so bad that the image washes out. Shortly after the washout you will begin to drip, drip, drip, all over the cylinders and ultimately on the envelope.

I can see the patch blanket to be an absolute cure for about 250 sheets, tops. On any significant press run there will be a slow and steady build up of fountain solution until it gets so bad that the image washes out. Shortly after the washout you will begin to drip, drip, drip, all over the cylinders and ultimately on the envelope.

never had that problem even with runs of 5 or 10 thousand envelopes . . .. doesn't seem to be a problem with Kompac or Alcolor damps . . .

Hello dabob,

........ in the dark with a Mosquito !!!

"Perhaps the Butterfly is proof you can go through a great deal of darkness, yet become something beautiful "

Regards, Alois

This works!^^^ Or spray mount a piece of heavy packing to the back cylinder, just in the image area, and back your pressure off. There is air trapped inside the envelope and it has to go somewhere.

You have received some good advice; here is another that has worked before. Back off the impression pressure until it no longer affects the envelope, then add wide masking tape in layers to the impression cylinder in the area of the image until you have a good impression. It is quick and easy. Any tape will do but masking tape is easier to remove. This also worked for an operator that printed the first color of a two color letterhead on a Friday and then tried to print the second color on Monday after a rainy weekend.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back