Roller Journal Repair

kburton

Does anyone know if it is normal that when you have a roller recovered that there is always journal repair? Reason for asking, I find it hard to believe that they journals need much work with a bearing on them. I can see if the bearing had seized then there could be some damage but to have this happen to every roller just does not make sense to me.

Any input will be much appreciated.

Our roller guy only repairs the journals if a bearing has seized on the shaft, otherwise its a straight roller recover. We have our rollers available as 'press ready' Bearings are already installed by the roller people and we just unwrap and put them in the press. I have seen too many pressman holding rollers on their ends and driving them into the floor to install bearings Ouch!.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back