Ink Densities on the Printing Machine

Bigboy

Hie guys, what are the standard CMYK densities when printing solid work and half-tone work on a sheetfed press. Should they be same or they must be different? Currently for all our jobs we running our C at 1.30, M at 1,20, Y at 1,20 & K at 1,68. This is a repost had posted on a wrong forum.

Our presses were fingerprinted using the following ink density. Black 1.70 Cyan 1.30 Magenta 1.40 and yellow 1.10. These are our target densities for packaging work

Hie guys, what are the standard CMYK densities when printing solid work and half-tone work on a sheetfed press. Should they be same or they must be different? Currently for all our jobs we running our C at 1.30, M at 1,20, Y at 1,20 & K at 1,68. This is a repost had posted on a wrong forum.

Why are you double posting? Bad etiquette. Your question was answered in your previous post.

Last edited:
Why are you double posting? Bad etiquette. Your question was answered in your previous post.

If you read the last part of this post you will notice that I mentioned it that it is a re-post because initially I had posted on the wrong forum. So is it wrong to re-post to the right forum? To me this question is for printing machine minders/operators and I needed their input hence re-posting here.

If you read the last part of this post you will notice that I mentioned it that it is a re-post because initially I had posted on the wrong forum. So is it wrong to re-post to the right forum? To me this question is for printing machine minders/operators and I needed their input hence re-posting here.

The forums are not segregated silos. Folks can see postings from different fourums. So, IMHO, if after a few days you don't get any responses, then it probably wouldn't hurt to repost the question in a different forum and delete the original post. Otherwise, you end up with a confusion of duplicates and no one knows in which thread to post their answer.

I want to buy a new offset machine (4 color), please suggest which brand should I buy and from where?

prakashacharya, your chances of getting an answer to your question will be better if you post a new thread of your own. This is assuming that you have already used our search box at the top right of every page. You might also mention the monthly volumes you anticipate, your financial guidelines & other relevant details.

There are no standard densities.
according to your qiestion i would suggest you go read gordo's blog

There are no standard numbers across the board, and every press, ink, and process is different. Your numbers are fairly normal, however m seems pretty low and y seems a little high. You may need to adjust your plate curves on m and y next time you fingerprint the press.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back