CtcP (visble plate) vs CtP (thermal plate)

DeltaE

Hello Guys,

Could please tell me your opinion and your experience when comparing between CTP (thermal) and CtcP (visible).
About the plate quality, the uniform of the dot area and the distortion of the plate due to effect from heat (when exposing).
Which one has more influence to the print quality?

Many thanks in advance!
Regards,
DeltaE

There are lots of conventional and thermal plates available, each with its own set of specifications. Thermal plates (same goes for CTcP) can be very different in emulsion coating sensitivity, guaranteed run length in printing, uv compatible or not, resolution range, pricing, local availability, minimum positive and negative dot reproduction, image contrast, processing chemistry (if any), shelf life etc.
It's important to decide if you need positive or negative plate as each has pros and cons.
There's no such thing as plate distortion in thermal imaging.
Define what you mean by influence on print quality.

There are lots of conventional and thermal plates available, each with its own set of specifications. Thermal plates (same goes for CTcP) can be very different in emulsion coating sensitivity, guaranteed run length in printing, uv compatible or not, resolution range, pricing, local availability, minimum positive and negative dot reproduction, image contrast, processing chemistry (if any), shelf life etc.
It's important to decide if you need positive or negative plate as each has pros and cons.
There's no such thing as plate distortion in thermal imaging.
Define what you mean by influence on print quality.

I mean the uniform of the dots is very important for printing. I an dealing with some gray tone jobs and it is very sensitive to any difference of dot shape and the color registration. I am using AM round 175 lpi screen angle C 75, M 45, Y 90, K 15, exposed by a CtcP.
I just would like to know if any creteria of prepress could have effect on gray balance.
And I have received advices from Gordo in another topic that using FM and Strong GCR to deal with gray balance.
I am very appreciated with your advice!
Have a nice day!
Regards,
DeltaE

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back