Baldwin buys QuadTech

• Thread starter Deleted member 16349
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16349

I saw this announcement and thought it was of interest to the forum.

http://www.quadtechworld.com/en/new...4267421&utm_medium=social&utm_source=linkedin

Baldwin has bought QuadTech from Quad Graphics.

The purchase gives Baldwin the technology of QuadTech. Interestingly there is some overlap of technology that Baldwin already had with its Web Printing Controls company, such as closed loop colour control and register control systems. I guess it will all be worked out in the future with some of these technologies surviving and some being dropped.

What I also think is more interesting is that this sale implies that Quad Graphics needs money or it just thinks it was not getting enough of a benefit from having its own technology business. Maybe QuadTech was not able to actually improve the processes internally within Quad Graphic enough to justify its existence within the organization. It might be more economical for Quad Graphics to buy technology from any source based of what works best for them.

Maybe others know some details about this purchase. Any comments.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back