Excessive dot gain (or other) - please give me the advice!

From my experience it is not an answer. In certain circumstances this will lead to extensive investments and for sure will bring more printing problems

If you didn't have any concerns for your employee health or the cost of your FS wouldn't alcohol be the best option? Alcohol sub is called alcohol sub for a reason right? Artificial sweetner doesn't taste better than sugar.

Alois,

I admire your courage in saying that about alcohol...after 48 years of printing, I say this: alcohol in any FS at 4%-7%, no more, no less, will improve the printing process in every way, and hurt the printing process in no way whatsoever.

If you didn't have any concerns for your employee health or the cost of your FS wouldn't alcohol be the best option?

Could you please refer to real medical research on health hazard due to the use of ipa in pressroom (link to pubmed for example) with reasonable statistical approach, control groups of all kinds etc. Meta publication would be just great. Otherwise please stop saying about my concerns for employes health. All i've seen was heidelberg report on some cancer cases in India due to God knows what reasons. And from my point of view all this jumping around health hazards due to ipa usage or this new stuff from europe — now cobalt in ink is new enemy — is plain bullshit.

Alois Senfelder's Archive ! ......... robb, cementary and DeltaE

I suggest that if you have the time and inclination you search through the many posts and PDFs I have contributed to this forum, regarding IPA

Regards, Alois

Alois Senfelder's Archive ! ......... robb, cementary and DeltaE

I suggest that if you have the time and inclination you search through the many posts and PDFs I have contributed to this forum, regarding IPA

Regards, Alois

Alois, i suggest you start posting pithy pdf's rather than your standart arrogant nonsense.

Sincerely, cementary

Could you please refer to real medical research on health hazard due to the use of ipa in pressroom (link to pubmed for example) with reasonable statistical approach, control groups of all kinds etc. Meta publication would be just great. Otherwise please stop saying about my concerns for employes health. All i've seen was heidelberg report on some cancer cases in India due to God knows what reasons. And from my point of view all this jumping around health hazards due to ipa usage or this new stuff from europe — now cobalt in ink is new enemy — is plain bullshit.

Do we both agree that IPA is a VOC?

Below 7%, IPA is not a VOC, it does not enter the air. It is a great tool when used very sparingly, nothing matches it. If you can smell it when you stick your nose near your water pan, you are using too much.

Enlightenment !!

To enhance an already "Chemically Enriched F.S." ..... the minimum of 10% of IPA by volume needs to

be added to derive any significant advantage.

Arrogantly yours, Alois

Last edited:
Enlightenment !!

To enhance an already "Chemically Enriched F.S." ..... the minimum of 10% by volume needs to

be added to derive any significant advantage.

Arrogantly yours, Alois

Any "chemically enriched F.S." or you're referring to any particular fs?
And BTW, suppose i'm adding 9.5% will that count?

Any "chemically enriched F.S." or you're referring to any particular fs?
And BTW, suppose i'm adding 9.5% will that count?

If I learned anything through this thread it is this.

At 9.5% isopropyl alcohol has converted into a VOC however it will not give you a significant advantage until you put a few more drops in.

cemntary,

I detect a note of hilarity in your comment! --- all variable inputs in litho printing there are optimum requirements

that impact on the ideal outputs, 10% - 15% addition of IPA into F.S. is one.

Fountain Solution Concentrates - knowing how the Chemistry of F.S. work, then making a choice.

Arrogantly yours, Alois

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back