Excessive dot gain (or other) - please give me the advice!

cemntary,

I detect a note of hilarity in your comment! --- all variable inputs in litho printing there are optimum requirements

that impact on the ideal outputs, 10% - 15% addition of IPA into F.S. is one.

Fountain Solution Concentrates - knowing how the Chemistry of F.S. work, then making a choice.

Arrogantly yours, Alois

Alois, i've detected once again that you didn't answer the question. Instead you stating obvious statements and answering to I dunno who.

cementary,

Well, how about YOU giving the answers to the questions raised by this topic ?????? and show me the errors in stating the obvious, when they don't know the obvious !

Arrogantly yours Alois

alibryan,

JUST so you understand ! !!!! I was a convert to running "Alcohol Free" F.S. in the 1980's I'm addressing this topic for those that still "USE Alcohol Based" F.S.

ARROGANTLY yours Alois - is THIS obvious to you now ?

Alibryan,

Footnote - DeltaE - NEVER fully solved the problem - perhaps you might solve it for him Yes or No --- are you up to the challenge ???

Arrogantly yours, Alois

Alibryan,

Footnote - DeltaE - NEVER fully solved the problem - perhaps you might solve it for him Yes or No --- are you up to the challenge ???

Arrogantly yours, Alois

Alois, I know your post wasn't adressed to me.
But.
We're all in the same boat, right?
As far as I remember, gordo and Erik Nikkanen suggested that the problem is "dot bridging". Personally i've heard about this print defect only regards to flexographic printing. But they made their point absolutely clear. Now you're came along claiming that none of this forum members didn't know basics of Lithography.
But you did not bother yourself to clarify you point. Instead you're keep stating obvious statements, wich as far as I understand did not help DeltaE either.
To me your posts looks like: "I know your printing problems but I am not willing to explain to you anything". For sure I might be wrong, english is not my native language, but again - this is not the first thread where I've noticed that.
So please, if you have something to say on the TS problem - could you expand your explanation over one obvious sentence?
And Alois, please do not refer to your previous posts without hyperlinks. As far as I concerned the same gordo didn't see any problems in repeating his thoughts over and over again - that's look like a help and involvement to me.

As far as I remember, gordo and Erik Nikkanen suggested that the problem is "dot bridging". Personally i've heard about this print defect only regards to flexographic printing. But they made their point absolutely clear.

Just for the record, I’ve not experienced dot bridging in offset - just flexo, which it why it didn’t occur to me as a possible cause. But it’s there in the photos, and I bought into Erik’s explanation. It would explain the dot gain variation, however, I don’t understand it and am curious as to why no one else noted it.

cementary,

I despair !!!!!!!! I gave an answer - read page 2 note 26 on this topic, HAS nobody ever heard of "Ink Dot Scumming" ?

Regards, Alois

Last edited:
Gentlemen,

The term "dot bridging"is a misnomer, BUT "Ink Dot Scumming" is a recognized term used in lithography,

INK DOT SCUMMING: The non-image areas of the plate lose their "Desensitization" and begin to take ink.

Regards, Alois

Gentlemen,

The term "dot bridging"is a misnomer, BUT "Ink Dot Scumming" is a recognized term used in lithography,

INK DOT SCUMMING: The non-image areas of the plate lose their "Desensitization" and begin to take ink.

Regards, Alois

I really don’t see scumming in the photos.

DeltaE,

Questions: 1) Were the 2 previous unrelated print runs on the same press ...... trouble free of print problems ????????

2) BUT - when on start-up of this Re-print you HAD problems! - when the only input change was Plates/ Paper!!!

3) And problems only on the Black/Magenta Units ?

Regards, Alois

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back