Scratches on the super blue net.

Andrei83

Hey. I print on paper 170-250 grams sometimes there are scratches. Cardboard 0.3-0.5 millimeters even more and more often scratches, scratches on the super blue net, net new clean. Printing on Speedmaster 102 sm 5+lac.

Yes, I tried to loosen the net tension, then you get a fold and scratch the thin paper, tighten the scratch more thick paper.

You can name the brand of the grid super blue, there are several types, there are some that stretch, there are those that do not stretch.I use Super Blue, does not stretch.

Can you post some pictures of the marks, may be the marks are from something other than super blue.

Also for the 0.3-0.5 board, the SM 102 is not good for heavy boards, because of the smaller cylinder diameters and its transfer cylinder system. CD 102 or XL are the right presses for heavier cardboard due to their sheet transfer system and double diameter impression cylinders.

Are you using suction bars at the back edge of the sheets at transfer cylinders?

Suction bars might help you as long as they are operational. They need to be set up to the size your running on the older Speedmasters. The cam follower must be engaged, and the suction pump turned on for them to work.
Before doing all that you might want to just brush off the super blues with your hand to dislodge any dry ink buildup. You will often see a heavy buildup on the edges where large width sheets will be affected.

While Super Blue was once the most versatile anti-marking system available, I find that anti-marking films have become more popular simply because there are no adjustments like nets, they are basically a "wash and go" product that can help or completely eliminate marking issues. Shinoda USA mfg's jackets that are pre-packed for the SM102 (1.1mm thick) and can also be customized concerning surface characteristics and pre-packing thicknesses. www.shinoda-usa.com or [email protected] 817-886-9250. I worked for PRI for 28 years and now mfg. the Shinoda ICP anti-marking jackets and have found the films to be more reliable in many cases. Feel free to contact me for more information.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back