AB Dick 9850

Tiogapress

My 9850 just started to throw the jam light after 3-5 prints. I cleaned the sensor and tried to bypass it. Had no luck on finding a schematic or any other info on the electronics. Any insight on how to fix or disable the electronics would be priceless.

I will offer some ideas. The jam sensors in the Chain delivery have an upper and lower eye, clean both with water or alcohol swab. The Infeed roller has a sensor also, make sure that area is clean and the sensor flag is not worn flat and the slot on the lower feed plate is clean and clear. Next start the machine and press Display speed..Is it showing any weird characters? The CD sensor upper support arm sometimes gets bent, It is very easy to just flex it up or down slightly with hand pressure.
Good Luck

Smoffpresspexp, Good advice. Fyi, sometimes powder will get under the lens of the sensor. It enters from the open screw holes (2) on the side of the sensor body. I have succeeded in cleaning it by blasting one hole with canned air. I used to slap a piece of tape over the holes to prevent powder from entering.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back