Collapse
Canon
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Press Automation and Short Runs...

I have spent the last 25 years running offset presses at our small family shop and learned on presses with conventional dampening. When we upgraded to presses with crestlines I thought I had died and went to heaven. We currently run quite a bit of work on our two digital presses, but our run lengths and volume have been creeping up. We have a GTO 52-5 that we are planing to replace with a used speedmaster 52 or 74. Is the auto ink setting and auto roller wash as great as it sounds? I have spent my life setting ink keys and taking around 500 sheets to get a 4C job setup and the color balanced. We have tons of work in the 2k-3k quantity range that we currently run digitally, but would love to move over to offset, but with setups on our GTO taking 45-60 minutes we just don't have the time.

highly recommend to get Auto plate loaders, Auto washup, CIP3 Ink key presetting, Sheet scanning density/spectro equipment (closed loop if possible), Temperature controlled Roller train, Auto blanket washers, these are usually standard options on most presses nowadays.

Comment

Hello kdw75,

You need to ask yourself which is the most cost effective method of producing 4 colour print in the - 2/3 thousand print run -depending on sheet size and how many Images Imposed , which IMHO even with a fully automated Litho

Press is not viable.

Regards, Alois
      Last edited by Alois Senefelder; 10-28-2018, 09:51 AM. Reason: ***************

Comment

Originally posted by Alois Senefelder View Post
        Hello kdw75,

You need to ask yourself which is the most cost effective method of producing 4 colour print in the - 2/3 thousand print run -depending on sheet size and how many Images Imposed , which IMHO even with a fully automated Litho

Press is not viable.

Regards, Alois
        I am not really expecting to make a killing on those run lengths vs digital, but when we can get a good used speedmaster with less than 50 million impressions for a years worth of lease payments on our digital press, it seems very enticing.

Comment

4OverStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)CanonKBATharstern

Ultimate Toon Contest 2019

Collapse

Ultimate Toons Contest 2019

Ultimate Toons
        Win a 1-year Ultimate Impostrip® Automation subscription
        Ultimate Toons

Standard FinishingDuploCanonKBA4OverSmartsoft (Presswise)Tharstern

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5343 users online. 83 members and 5260 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on 04-20-2018.

Working...
        X