Collapse
Canon
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• waterbased coating

we are printing high ink coverage cmyk jobs on one of client which requires us to cure or allow drying of the printed sheets for 3 to 4 days. and we sometimes encounter color shifts after drying. I tried applying some waterbased varnish to accelerate curing time and lessen color shifts but I need to justify that the cost of additional inline varnish will not increase the price of our process. please help giving reasons how to justify this additional process or will there be better alternatives for this drying and color-shifting issues. thanks

I'm guessing that you are using an ink with dryer retarders (sta-open) in it. If so, that is the problem.

Comment

Just so I'm clear, its the 4/c process (CMYK) that is shifting color, not any spot (PMS) colors.
      80% of dry-back or dry-down occurs within first 30 min.
      Typical dry-back amounts are -0.03C, -0.05M, -0.01Y, -0.15K.
      Are you sure the color is shifting from drying and it's not color variation from during the press run?
      Can you measure the dry-back with Delta E, before vs. after?
      Steve Suffoletto

Comment

I will record . yes the color shifts during drying... next day, the print is pale compared to the digital proof already. specially the red shades...

Comment

4OverCanonKBAAvantiXeroxSmartsoft (Presswise)Duplo

Free Download

Collapse

Avanti
        Before You Buy A Print MIS Read This - FREE Download Link To Download

4OverCanonKBAXeroxSmartsoft (Presswise)DuploAvantiXeikonGraph Expo

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4994 users online. 117 members and 4877 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,611 at 11:23 AM on 02-27-2019.

Working...
        X