How to control ink key and water - MAN uniset #60

sornchai

Hi! I am in Thailand and this is my first post.
when I print a low coverage area , It require smaller ink key opening , but I can't control SID . I want to know Tips & Tricks .

Thank you

Controlling Image highlights on press

Controlling Image highlights on press

when I print a low coverage area , It require smaller ink key opening , but I can't control SID . I want to know Tips & Tricks .

Thank you

Check your plate calibration halftone targets to assure all image ranges requested are consistently present before sending to press. Once per week is good.

Then check printing unit packing pressures of plate and blanket cylinders to avoid plate sharpening on the run. Next check on press Ink & H2O balance on each unit.

Presetting ink keys also brings all RIPped file image coverage needs into the press setting the ink keys automatically and simplifies operator input ... Quality will go up and make ready wastes down.

Hope this helps. If attending PRINT 09 Chicago Sept. 11 - 16 visit EPG booth # 5437. We field retrofit automation tools to any press.

Greg Imhoff
Director EPG Color Solutions
[email protected]
Essex Products Group • Integrated Color Control Solutions

Thank you

This sounds as if the on press ink keys may not be properly set to zero (out of calibration set range) ... please send more detailed information.

Sincerely,
Greg Imhoff
Essex Products Group | Integrated Color Control Systems
(708) 557 - 2021

As already said, check your ink key zero set, you only need a very fine ink film at zero just for lubrication to avoid metal on metal contact of blade and ink ball. Consider installing a ink ductor interrupter, a cheap electical modification that allows you to set your ink ductor with a delay in it so you are not feeding ink every cycle, this allows you to carry a decent ink film on your fountain without overloading the rollers on low coverage jobs.

As already said, check your ink key zero set, you only need a very fine ink film at zero just for lubrication to avoid metal on metal contact of blade and ink ball. Consider installing a ink ductor interrupter, a cheap electical modification that allows you to set your ink ductor with a delay in it so you are not feeding ink every cycle, this allows you to carry a decent ink film on your fountain without overloading the rollers on low coverage jobs.

What is it ? How to make ? :confused:
Thank you very much

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back