Integrating a DAM and a MIS/W2P workflow

We're about to make the leap to an automated MIS/W2P workflow. (Avanti, Xerox, Hiflex etc. )
Woohah!

With the first phase of a DAM (North Plains - Telescope) in place for photography, design, prepress & print files already in place, I'm wondering if any organizations have successfully merged/automated the two.
Should that specific requirement be a part of a RFQ/RFP?

I'm thinking that reordering existing products like forms, brochures and booklets should occur with just a few clicks of the mouse. Is the general trend towards a integrated single system for a MIS/W2P workflow and a DAM?

Do you use one system for DAM and another for workflow? What are the biggest issues?

Thanks in advance and I appreciate your keystrokes.

Hi there ...

In my opinion:
- Your MIS should be managing your production data (stock, planning, pricing, ...)
- Your DAM should be managing your media files to optimize and automate your production as far as possible.

The MIS and DAM should be connected, investing in platforms with extensive API's will make this possible.

With these 2 platforms in place, your customer facing applications (Download Centers, Upload Centers, Web2Print Interfaces, Ordering Tools, ...) should be portals on top of this combination.

You might want to talk to Hybrid Software (Welcome to Hybrid Integration). They are specialized in productized integrations between MIS, DAM, W2P, ... and others.

I agree with the last statement as Hybrid would be the people to work with. They have experience with the Adam system and that is the ticket when it comes to DAM and W2P. The connection to the MIS system can also be done by them-I've worked with them in the past and they are top notch.

Intraprint, I believe, is what you are looking for!

Intraprint, I believe, is what you are looking for!

Hi,

Intraprint can easily integrate your DAM software within our existing platform. Some software you have mentioned our clients have replaced with Intraprint and have told us that Intraprint is far more flexible than what they used to have and can do so much more. Many of Intraprint's capabilities are in fact unique to the industry and I would be happy to give you a demo that I believe will simply knock your socks off! I am myself a former estimator of manny years and also have a full systems backfround. I have written systems, implemented them and trained people on systems all over the world and I can tell after having worked with other vendors' software for more than 30 years, I am now working with, wthat is in my opinion, the best software on the market today! Please feel free to call me at 416-841-8322 and again, I will be happy to give you a demo. Regards, Chris

Hello,

Check out our web to print solution @ Web To Print Applications,Web2Print store front Solutions, Print Shop Management Software, printing companies, commercial printers, Online storefront.

Onprintshop is Website Design and Online Ordering System with Designer Studio for Printing Industry. Recently we have updgraded our desinger studio with flex, new designer studio introduces layers in the designing process which increases the manageability of the design for the end users. We have introduced corporate module, which empowers even small sized printers to target high profile corporate segment.

Our solution is developed such a way which can be easily integrated with any MIS i.e Quickbook, Vtiger, etc. If you like to have live demo our solution send request @ [email protected] we will arrange live demo for you.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back