EPMS + Prinergy = JDF Automation?

Cullen

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with EPMS Enterprise 32, and if there is any possible marriage to Prinergy. As a prepress operator, I am currently using Preps only for building templates and then creating impositions in Prinergy by way of Prinergy Signature Selection. We do encounter endless combinations of page counts, page sizes and sheets sizes, etc, so I guess for the sake of organization I prefer to do it this way. Am I being naive by not taking full advantage of the JDF integration? I'll admit that I've never fully understood the details of how order information is translated from MIS language to JDF. Any insight would be appreciated.

Yes, EPMS has done numerous implementations/integrations with prepress workflow solutions. In most cases they use the JDF standard, but every integration is custom. JDF is not plug-n-play. So you should speak with the people at EPMS directly about your requirements.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back