Need help with Workflow/Procedures

openletter

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to post this in but I'm looking to hire a consultant to help me create efficient workflows in my business. Does anyone know of someone that does this?

Hi OpenLetter,
I am a principal of Fraysen Systems, who specialize in business process redesign and automation, especially where this involves connecting data systems together to eliminate human 'touches'. Please feel free to take a look at Fraysen at http://www.fraysen.com or to contact me directly.

Its better to opt for print workflow and print MIS for your business rather than hiring any consultant for that. By print MIS workflow system, you can able to do the number of other workflow activity like Print Ordering, Quotation Workflow, Artwork Approval Workflow, Job Sheet and Order Management, Creating Products, Print Ready Output and Hot Folder and lot more. You can find more detail here : http://www.designnbuy.com/print-work-flow-and-print-mis.html. Hope u get your answer.

"Eliminate human 'touches'" I must admit I am having a bit of a problem with the wording here. I understand that getting rid of all those pesky humans in a industry that is already moribund can cut costs but is that really the way we want to go?

"Eliminate human 'touches'" I must admit I am having a bit of a problem with the wording here. I understand that getting rid of all those pesky humans in a industry that is already moribund can cut costs but is that really the way we want to go?

Hi Slammer,
We see with our Clients that a lot of people involvement in processing jobs is not value adding work, such as preparing an estimate or artwork, or running a job through a press; rather it's transferring orders from Web2Print to MIS systems, or transacting materials, or reconciling payments to jobs because IT systems do not glue together. What we also find is that these tasks require time from senior members of staff - sales people, CSRs, accountants, designers, because the details of the tasks are complex, and the consequences of mistakes are nasty. We find that the right tools can glue these systems together reliably, and at a reasonable cost, freeing people up to make more useful contributions -- like selling more, for instance!

I think you are completely missing the point. No one said "Eliminate humans" - we have customers who only have 5 employees. The wanted to "Eliminate human touches" on some ( many ) of the workflow steps that are required between the inbound order and ship/invoicing. No need to have to weigh something after you print it if you know the mass per sq inch, height and width of the finished product and quantity - all the shipping carriers all round up the the nearest lb anyway. No need the type out and send a "your order has shipped" email when you can set up a system to auto-generate and invoice PDF with the tracking number inserted and have the system email the entire days worth of orders with a single reconcile click.

There are all manners of "we have to do this every dang order" that can be automated.

PrintMIS system allows the humans to do more. Many of our customers site numbers like "40% more productivity" - and some don't say ANYTHING as they don't want their competitirs to know how they can do a $25 dollar order and still make money ( key take away - touch that job as little as possible ! )

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back