Printer's Plan

Inkscape Print

Does anyone have experience with Printer's Plan? We just did an hour long demo with them today. It seems to have the functions we need at a decent price. One thing they do not do is export jobs to Quickbooks for invoicing but it looks like they have pretty decent invoicing built in.

I used Printers Plan for almost 10 years. It connects to quickbooks well. I used just about ever module they offer from scheduling, tracker, shipping etc. Service is good, my only issue with it is the database, lack of cloud options, windows only, no XML import/export.

Let me know if you have questions. It has been over a year since I have used it but I could jog my memory.

I used Printers Plan for almost 10 years. It connects to quickbooks well. I used just about ever module they offer from scheduling, tracker, shipping etc. Service is good, my only issue with it is the database, lack of cloud options, windows only, no XML import/export.

Let me know if you have questions. It has been over a year since I have used it but I could jog my memory.

So what was the problem with the database?

I wasn't the IT guy so my information could be off on what they use but I think it was an old Microsoft Access or SQL database - something not current which caused a lot of data corruption issues when you had multiple people trying to access the same data at once. We had 30+ employees so if the CSR and a production member both had the ticket open at the same time it could cause some problems.

I wasn't the IT guy so my information could be off on what they use but I think it was an old Microsoft Access or SQL database - something not current which caused a lot of data corruption issues when you had multiple people trying to access the same data at once. We had 30+ employees so if the CSR and a production member both had the ticket open at the same time it could cause some problems.

That is good information. Thanks.

We are a small 5 person shop so I am still trying to decide if the whole thing is worth it. What we are doing now works fine but I realize that we will eventually need something like PP and would rather implement it now than down the road when we have more employees and more jobs in progress. Our company is growing at a rate of about 40% every year so we can't hold off forever.

Does anyone have experience with Printer's Plan? We just did an hour long demo with them today. It seems to have the functions we need at a decent price. One thing they do not do is export jobs to Quickbooks for invoicing but it looks like they have pretty decent invoicing built in.

While you are shopping, you *might* reach out to our Corry and get a PressWise demo - [email protected]

http://www.presswise.com/about/

Happy Hunting !

Another one you might try out is Morning Flight. I'm using it myself and my shop is similar in size to yours. Hal's website is www.printfire.com he has a full working demo on there, its free as long as you want, but it is limited to something like three customers. Personally I run the Gold Edition. It has its quirks, but in my opinion, its a good program. The Quickbooks feature is an odd little duck and to make it work properly you need to purchase another plug in, but even then for what it offers and the price they ask its much more easy to swallow that PS, PP and PW as well as Franklin. Best of luck I hope you find what you need. Dustin

We are a 6 person shop who got Printer's Plan 18-months ago. Overall we are happy with it. Some things about it could be improved, but they are more annoyances than deal killers. The price was right for us.

We had been using Franklin and it was pretty basic. We needed scheduling and the pricing to me is more intuitive with PP.

Last edited:
We are a 6 person shop who got Printer's Plan 18-months ago. Overall we are happy with it. Some things about it could be improved, but they are more annoyances than deal killers. The price was right for us.

We had been using Franklin and it was pretty basic. We needed scheduling and the pricing to me is more intuitive with PP.

Do you use PP for A/R or do you somehow export in Quickboooks? I have another demo scheduled for today and want to go over some of that.

Yes.

We had previously been using custom software from the late 80's, which required DOS. It worked great, but we knew we needed to change as it was harder and harder to keep DOS based machines around to run it. We tried Rocketprint first, but it wasn't a good fit for us as it lacked flexibility and seemed more geared towards web ordering, not billing or job figuring and tracking.

Printer's Plan has its weak points, and we regularly find that we have to learn work arounds in order to make it work like we want, but for the price, I feel it is a good product. We looked at a few others, but they were quite a bit more and mainly just added polish and small improvements to what PP provides.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back