Does This Price Sound Reasonable????

We have had this type of thing happen to us as well - you can't suddenly match a price like this (even if it is possible without losing money) because your credibility goes down the tube. You can be sure the ad agency would spread the word too that they were able to beat you down from your established price - this potentially will lead to more problems in the future. You will also create a bad feeling with the end user when they perceive that you have been "overcharging" your work in the past. Swallow the pill and move on - with any luck - they will be back when the new printer can't match your service and quality. We have to establish a price that covers our costs AND provides a reasonable profit level - or soon we are out of business. If we can't attract enough business to be profitable and healthy - then we need to change what we are doing (different equipment, different operating methods etc. etc.). If that's not possible - then we can't be in business.

Here we go again, more government regulation..... :mad:

I have lived my life as a libertarian wanting the government to stay out of my life, but it's hard sometimes when you see the people who play the game driving by in their mercedes and working 4 hour days. lol

I have lived my life as a libertarian wanting the government to stay out of my life, but it's hard sometimes when you see the people who play the game driving by in their mercedes and working 4 hour days. lol

Ah, but a true libertarian would not car about that person in the Mercedes. Also, what does it matter about that person driving the Mercedes and working 4 hours a day. Good for them. I hope in a few short years that I am doing the exact same thing, although I'm more partial to cadillacs and sports cars :cool:

Well, I was perusing the web and found the cheapest price yet. GotPrint has 10,000 brochures delivered to my door for $550.

The price is (unfortunately) reasonable if there is enough time available to produce the job, if the color truly isn't a big deal, and if your competitor is willing to keep a low markup on this job. (Remember that objections that are voiced are not always the true objections: complaints about color can sometimes really be complaints that the agency is not making money off of you.)

The price of $500 is a low 1-position-out-of-a-gang-of-8 price on a 23x35 sheet... but it's sustainable.

It's also worth it if it keeps all the customer's work in house and keeps other printers at a distance. (Especially if the house kicks something back to the agency.:mad:) "Making a better living" for some agencies means shutting out the guys who aren't paying the protection money.

Go look at why and how the job originally came to you and you will probably see all the reasons that it eventually was taken away.

Sorry I'm such a cynic, but this stuff happens.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back