Collapse
Canon
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti Slingshot

I'm seeking input on recent (up to 3 years) implementations of Avanti Slingshot. Was it a smooth process? Were milestones met on time? How long did the whole process take? How was dealing with the training/support team? Are you happy with the end result? Would you have done anything different? Any insight will be helpful.

Following...

Comment

I'll bump this just in case there's someone out there willing to respond.

Comment

We've been using Slingshot for almost 5 years. The 1st year (2015) the software was very unstable and needed a lot of work, the last couple of years it has become pretty stable. Support team is very responsive.

Comment

Originally posted by APena View Post
          We've been using Slingshot for almost 5 years. The 1st year (2015) the software was very unstable and needed a lot of work, the last couple of years it has become pretty stable. Support team is very responsive.
          I'll echo this sentiment. As far as the implementation itself; it went well. We had an Avanti consultant on site for a week for the startup and then with visits after that as we went through the process. No problems at all. He was very easy to deal with, knew the product, and any bugs we encountered were handled promptly. Rather than test the system, I went live as soon as I could, as the license on PrintSmith was about to run out.

Depending on what you are moving from, the learning curve can be steep, but their support is great.

Comment

CanonKBAAvantiSmartsoft (Presswise)DuploEnfocusXerox4Over

Canon Embellishment White Paper

Collapse

Print Embellishment Goes
          Straight To The Bottom Line

InfoTrends reported that interviews with more than 100 print customers demonstrated an appetite and willingness to pay premiums of 24% to 89% for special effects, over CMYK-only printing. They also indicated embellishment could apply to a significant portion of their work. Embellishment options can include hot foil stamping, spot gloss UV, embossing, debossing, letterpress, diecut shapes, lamination, duplex, triplex, gold foil, silver foil, copper foil, white foil, black foil, clear foil, etching, and laser cutting techniques. Download The Free White Paper.

Smartsoft (Presswise)

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5673 users online. 102 members and 5571 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,745 at 04:03 PM on 10-10-2019.

Working...
          X