while I am waiting for kodak to call back

old guy

kodak trendsetter 400 and prinergy 8.2. Randomly getting 1 plate printing out of position, perfectly straight 1/16th inch toward lead edge. no error messages. have looked at clamps on the drum and all seems fine. can this be software writing one color out of position or must it be mechanical, not placing the plate properly?

changed from fuji plate to kodak plate, 2 days and no more problems. BTW kodak still hasn't called back.

we were using fuji when the issue started. we had a couple boxes of kodak plates so we put them in and now the issue has resolved. I am thinking that if its mechanical it shouldnt matter. and at the same time if it is somehow software it shouldnt matter.

we were using fuji when the issue started. we had a couple boxes of kodak plates so we put them in and now the issue has resolved. I am thinking that if its mechanical it shouldnt matter. and at the same time if it is somehow software it shouldnt matter.

that is strange- the plate should be a plate it does not see emulsion. We went from Fuji to kodak plates and basically had to do nothing to the DART. I would think the plate should not be a factor and it is coincidence that it has stopped.

we had an issue a few years ago that usually the cyan plate (or first plate) would be off just enough to where our free could not fit. After months of Fuji scratching there head service people coming out many times and a lot of fustration for everyone it ended up being the eddy current brake and did not stop the plate so it slightly bounced almost every 4th plate then would stop for a while then comeback- of corse at the wrong time

Could be a sensor having a hard time reading the plates on occasion. We've had that here, with a rainbow banding on the back side of the Fuji plates, that will sometimes cause issues with our Magnus. So now, we look for it when we are loading the plates, and correct the issue before it ever gets to the Magnus. I would keep track of the lot numbers of each package of plates. Might be able to track it down to a manufacturing process, in which you may have to handle the plates differently.

well i guess they talked to my boss, and he said its fixed dont do anything that you will bill us for. so they hung up.

It's probably mechanical, and if it is, the problem isn't really fixed because you didn't actually fix anything. Whatever it was, the chances are still there that it could return.

Your boss should have talked with them a little while he had them on the phone, to try and find out what it was. That way if it happens again, you might understand it, and know what to do.

I like to do my own trouble shooting and maintenance for sure. when it finally gives out and we are down i will remind him that we should have looked into it sooner and it would have been a less expensive repair. He might learn. Maybe.

I like to do my own trouble shooting and maintenance for sure. when it finally gives out and we are down i will remind him that we should have looked into it sooner and it would have been a less expensive repair. He might learn. Maybe.

sucks when you have to take that route

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back