Anyone heard of PrintLogic or Printware? Looking for MIS Suggestions

inkmann

Small 5 person shop offering Offset, Digital, Mailing, Wide Format, Screen Printing, + Embroidery with great annual growth looking for a MIS system + B to B and B to C portals to help us hit our million dollar + sales goal in 2020 (we are close now).
Looking at:
Presswise
Printsmith
Printware
Printlogic

Looking for input to help make a decision.

What do you think and why?

Thank you in advance.

Yes, I used PrintLogic from Oct. 2017 to Feb. 2018. After a couple of demos, decided to try it. It was great, the price was perfect for such a small shop as me (two employees) and I considered it well featured. Ultimately, went back to my old system because I didn't like how PrintLogic handled it's price calculations. For example, on a repeat order, if any specification changed, you had to start with a fresh quote or go back to the original quote which oftentimes wasn't the same as what was printed (quantity changed, stock changed, etc).

Looking at:
Presswise
Printsmith
Printware
Printlogic

We're just installing printsmith, but I wouldn't recommend it.

They're only now upgrading to HTML5 and they're probably not even gonna be done in a year.
Whole MIS has bugs, there's been multiple times when I would show bug to support, and even they couldn't comment on it, all I got was "we'll look into it".
Even the new version, HTML5 feels clunky to work with, there's random error messages or "feature-warning" messages that EFI calls them, that you have to press "OK" everytime for no reason.
Lots of things makes no sense, like the fact that large format printing and digital printing uses different measurement units (cm/mm and meters for large format), yet when entering default numbers for let's say bleed, it's all in one unit, therefore if entered 3 into default settings, it would be 3mm for digital printing, yet 3 meters for large format...
Or that every time you calculate a large format job, you have to calculate cutoff on your own, system doesn't do that, kinda defeats the purpose of automatic calculations.
The list for current jobs is uncomfortable to work with, and there's no past/completed jobs list.

It just feels undone.

inkmann - Be happy to help, if you want to take look. CRM - MIS and Web2Print all from one vendor for SMEs. www.accuramis.com - PrintLogic is about the cheapest thing you can buy. There is something for every type/size of business, but whatever you do checkout the supplier, checkout references, check the software meets your needs now and into the future (not just now, because it's cheap). Replacing any MIS is painful, you don;t want to have to go through it too soon.

See your LinkedIn messages.

Regards,
Trevor.

Avanti Slingshot is a powerful, browser-based management information system built to manage jobs from submission through to production and billing. It’s a modular system that supports multiple lines of business, including offset, digital, large format, fulfillment, finishing, mailing & marketing services.

From order entry through to production and billing, Avanti Slingshot enables you to work more efficiently, control your costs and move more jobs through the shop with ease. In addition to providing a powerful, integrated MIS platform, Avanti staff are experts in connecting best-of-breed software (i.e. prepress, production automation software) to Avanti Slingshot, eliminating breakpoints in the workflow. Visit avantisystems.com for information.

I would take a look at Printer's Plan. We are about a year into using it and pretty happy. I checked out all of them before we bought and Printer's Plan was the only one in that price range that did what we needed.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back