Any Hiflex users ?

tuxfre

Hello !

My company is currently considering switching to Hiflex MIS, and I would like to hear about it from users, so we could have a different view from the marketing speeches.
Do anyone uses it as MIS or W2P solution ?

Hiflex user

Hiflex user

Yes we are working / starting to work with Hiflex MIS for several years. I'm ready to discuss any aspect of the MIS from the user's point of view.

Did you end up buying HIflex?

Did you end up buying HIflex?

Would love to hear how far you have got since your install if so....

My company is currently considering switching to Hiflex MIS, and I would like to hear about it from users, so we could have a different view from the marketing speeches.
Do anyone uses it as MIS or W2P solution ?[/QUOTE]

finally, I ended up leaving the company because they were pushing back the project and not considering "this important"...

But from what I know, they end up buying the whole package, nothing being in production yet, but not because of Hiflex.

Well be glad that you left . HIflex is not as advertised. We spent 2.5 years trying to implement and the daily grind of the sytem shutting down wiht support 1/2 a world away in Germany was one of many, many issues. If you end up somewher else and looking for an MIS system DO NOT get Hiflex. I'm happy to give more details if your interested....

yeah... don't know if the software is that bad, really.
I mean I started to implement the W2P before leaving, it was really a good concept. The problem was configuration, they way they see product requires that you are already organized, know your products and prices, which was not the case where I worked (the boss once said "we will become organized thanks to the software, or maybe the germans can tell us what to do").

Regarding support and Germany, that was not that much of a problem for us, France and Germany are in the same time zone and have relatively similar working hours. And going to Aachen from time to time was a great thing about Hiflex (I love Germany).

I would say that compared to other products on the market in France, Hiflex still is a great tool, but it requires you to think and work they way they do, specially during configuration phase which is a pain.
It's clear that if you are a medium-small company with little or no organization or standardization and your management thinks that everything will just work magically outside of the box (copy the VM to the server and start) you'd better run and find shelter!

As I said before, I did not leave because of Hiflex, which I belived in, but because the way the company was handling a "strategic project".

I won't have MIS problems anymore now ;) I am working for a leading packaging solutions provider in Belgium.

Well be glad that you left . HIflex is not as advertised. We spent 2.5 years trying to implement and the daily grind of the sytem shutting down wiht support 1/2 a world away in Germany was one of many, many issues. If you end up somewher else and looking for an MIS system DO NOT get Hiflex. I'm happy to give more details if your interested....

We are a commercial sheetfed/digital plant and have been looking at HiFlex as a replacement to ePace. Have things improved for you since HP became involved? I would really appreciate any feedback you could give as we are getting close to making a decision and based on all of the demos it looks quite good. If you could help me avoid a costly mistake I would be very grateful. Thanks

Was in the market half a year ago and did alot of research, we decided between Hiflex or Avanti and few others. We finally made the decision to jump into Avanti and have never looked back, we are extremely happy with the outcome so far! The technical support was the biggest difference from what i've seen which was most important to us! Send me an email if you need more feedback!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back